- Phoenix and Hsien-Ko to be unveiled at Jump Festa this weekend.
- Phoenix plays like a fire-based Trish.
- Phoenix resurrects as Dark Phoenix if KO'd with 5 bars.
- A huge phoenix appears on-screen when she rises.
- Human Torch was completed, but his constant flaming caused slowdown.
- Phoenix essentially replaced Human Torch.
- Frank West was completed but got cut due to slowdown issues involving zombies.
- A Marvel character had to be pulled to even out the roster: Shuma got yanked.
- Shuma is complete. Jill is not.
- Yet to be revealed: Sentinel, Taskmaster, Akuma, Haggar
- Last stage to be revealed (for 8 total): Metro City
- Galactus is the final boss.
- M.Bison was considered as a Capcom villain, but Akuma won out.
- Akuma has some interesting graphical touches.
- There will be DLC stages and outfits, in addition to characters.
- Juggernaut was canned in favor of Sentinel.
- "I Wanna Take You for a Ride" plays during the end credits.
- Mega Man was rejected early on. "Offers nothing unique."
- S-Kill fought to have Storm and Sentinel included.
- Elektra was nearly in the game.
- Taskmaster has "borrowed moves" [ala Seth?] and a bow and arrow.
- Haggar is very Gief-like, but has Final Fight touches, like weapons.
- DLC will be coming throughout 2011.
- Who the DLC characters will be is a well-guarded secret at this time.
- Tests of online play were "equally smooth" from San Mateo to Japan as within San Mateo.
- Capcom wanted Cyclops, but Marvel didn't.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
MvC3 Leaks Flow Like Wine
According to SRK, a Twitter account has been leaking a bunch of MvC3 info.
Click here to read in its entirety. The Twitter account has since been suspended. Highlights include: