Tuesday, July 20, 2010

EVO Highlight: TvC Finals

Sure, the Super SF4 finals were lots of fun, but I really had a blast at the Tatsunoko vs Capcom finals. The matches with the giant PTX-40A were somewhat boring; even Marn complained that they were a letdown for the fans. I thought they were still interesting, especially the psyching-out that was being done via air dashes in different directions.

The matches involving all regular characters, however, were super-exciting! For the Keits vs Justin Wong match, a bunch of people in the crowd wanted to bet on Keits, as did I. Nobody wanted to bet on Justin, so in the spirit of Vegas, I took a gamble and bet on Justin Wong... and Justin won!

The grand finals, featuring Marn vs KBeast, were intense. Seated just to my left was Tatsu (aka Tatsujinken), the best SF4 Vega in the States. He didn't know TvC too well, so I was explaining what little I knew to him, as well as getting extremely hyped. When KBeast selected Yatterman-2, I was thrilled. I couldn't wait to see him summon his robot helper. Whenever the robot super was activated, or the robot landed a hit, I went nuts! It was too much fun. KBeast got really close, even winning some of those later games, but Marn was just too strong. Though Marn's Zero is a known quantity at this point, seeing him beast with Alex (when Zero was KO'd) was a real treat. Although it doesn't totally capture the electricity in the room, you should check out the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment