Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dragon Quest IX at Nintendo World


Dragon Quest IX's Tag Mode rewards players for meeting each other. Nintendo has had official meet-up events recently, but the only recurring meet-up is at the Nintendo World Store in Rockefeller Center. Tuesdays from 5 - 7 PM, the most hardcore DQ fans in the country gather and share some of the most elite maps available. Aside from the players sharing items, Nintendo also wirelessly distributes new maps at the store. Last night was a particularly large gathering, coordinated via message boards and Facebook. I was able to snatch about 50 tags, which is amazing considering that most of us in the U.S. will barely ever see one tag outside of something like Comic-Con.

Since I only work about a block away from the Nintendo World Store, I'm going to try to make a habit of rolling though there on Tuesdays. I'll make sure to gather up plenty of maps to share, and I might need some co-op partners to get though them. Is anyone reading this playing the game — or even planning to get it?

1 comment:

  1. I'm KINDA playing it, but A. time is severely limited, B. you know me and my DQ play-them-in-order rule combined with C. I missed the special event maps which makes it suck to now get them all.

    ReplyDelete