Friday, July 23, 2010

Turn the Tweet Back: Episode 1


Welcome to "Turn the Tweet Back," a new feature wherein we discuss interesting Twitter activity by game-makers and other industry luminaries. Today, let's look at Yoshinori Ono (@Yoshi_OnoChin) and the lead-up to Saturday's big Street Fighter panel. Ono first talked about the Super SF4 arcade version's character select screen that was recently circulated. He brought attention to the two extra "black circles," but denied any knowledge of what they represented. He then went on to talk about his upcoming announcement:

I've been hearing of many rumors brewing up this week. Having said that, I have been tweeting to say I will announce something new.
I don't know if this 'something' is what the rumour says or what you had in mind.
I'm only sure of one thing. We will not disappoint.
I'm not only announcing one new 'something'
Nor just two.
But I would like to talk about a few of our recent endeavours.
You are free to record, video, photograph and everything else to capture this moment.
I hope that would help you all to discuss about it.
See you all at noon [Pacific] on Saturday, Room 25 ABC [at San Diego Comic-Con].

So, we're looking at at least three announcements! It's possible that Namco vs Capcom, Capcom vs Namco, and new SSF4 characters are these three, but could there be more? We're only about 24 hours away from finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment